sábado, 2 de agosto de 2008

Ficar sem blogue / No blog?


Hoje assustei-me (e com razão), quando verifiquei que ao tentar abrir o meu blogue recebia esta mensagem: “Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site ... Operation aborted.". Ummm. Levei algum tempo a perceber o problema: ontem tinha instalado um contador de visitantes do SiteMeter, precisamente no dia em que este site sofreu um “crash” e deixou todos – TODOS – os computadores que utilizam Internet Explorer 6.0 e 7.0., e por vezes também o Internet Explorer 5.5., sem acesso a qualquer blogue onde o SiteMeter esteja instalado. Se me vieram visitar e não conseguiram, esta é a razão, felizmente já resolvida. Por outro lado, se encontraram o mesmo problema nos vossos blogues, a solução é simples: vão ao site do Blogger, façam o Sign-in, e em vez de optarem por “ver blogue” (que não abre) escolham “esquema”. Aí, no esquema do vosso blogue, apaguem o HTLM / JavaScript do SiteMeter. Se tiverem muitos e não souberem qual é o do SiteMeter, terão de os abrir até encontrar o código certo, claro. Está resolvido. E SiteMeter, desculpem lá, nunca mais.
Ah, e não se esqueçam: mesmo que vocês não tenham problemas a abrir o blogue, os vossos visitantes com os browsers mencionados não vos podem visitar!

Today I got really scared when I found myself unable to open my blog, and kept getting this message: “Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site ... Operation aborted.". It took me some time to find where the bug was: just yesterday I had installed a SiteMeter counter – precisely when this site crashed, leaving all – ALL – PC’s using Internet Explorer 6.0 e 7.0., and sometimes also Internet Explorer 5.5., without access to any blog where SiteMeter is installed. Wordpress blogs seem to be impacted as well. If you tried to open this blog and weren’t able to, this is why. The only way to fix it is to remove the sitemeter code on the blog’s template. To do so, go to Blogger Sign-in, and, instead of opening your blog, open the template. Find the SiteMeter HTLM / JavaScript, and delete it. Fixed! And SiteMeter, never again.
By the way, even if you have no problem opening your blog (if you have a firefox browser, for instance), don't forget that your visitors with the said Explorer browsers won't be able to.

6 comentários:

Star of the East disse...

Luckely you could fix it!! Wow, I would go crazy!!

fleurfatale disse...

wow, scary,
I am glad you solved it!!!

Rosebud Collection disse...

You were very clever to figure this all out..What a frightening thing to happen.

tanyBUG disse...

sorry to hear this happened to you, however i've been using site meter for quite some time and have no problems with it.
You may also want to consider switching away from Internet Explorer. If you do insist on continueing with Internet Explorer, I suggest you only use the latest version, 7. IE6 and earlier are not supported browsers today.
All the best with your blog!

tanyBUG disse...

I apologize, I misunderstood the problem, and after doing a little research, it appears site meter went and changed their code yesterday and really messed things up! I really hope they get it fizzed because i really like that tool!

Fun is always in style. disse...

I wondered what was going on - I couldn't open my blog either! Now I know -